Long Term Support Services - Home Care Unit
Fax: (775) 684-8724
Please scroll through the Billing Manual and Billing Guides link provided for the Nevada Medicaid and Nevada Check Up Billing Manual and Billing Guides for Provider Types 30 and 83.
Personal Care Services
The Personal Care Services (PCS) program provides assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) to support and maintain individuals living independently in their homes. ADLs include: bathing/dressing/grooming, toileting, transferring and positioning, mobility and ambulation, and eating. IADLs include: light housekeeping, laundry, essential shopping, and meal preparation. Each individual’s need for PCS is assessed by a physical or occupational therapist. Requires prior authorization.
Recipients (for initial requests only):
- Call Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services (HPES) at (800) 525-2395 (option 1 then option 4).
- TTY Callers: Dial 7-1-1 for Relay Nevada, then request to be connected to (800) 525-2395 (select option 1, then option 4).
Providers (for ongoing requests):
- Complete and fax the Authorization Request for Personal Care Services Form (FA-24) to HPES at (855) 709-6846.
Determine the model of PCS to be provided prior to completing the enrollment process through HPES:
- Agency Model: Provider Type 30 – Personal Care Services Provider Agency
- Self Directed Services Model: Provider Type 83 – Personal Care Service Intermediary Service Organization (ISO).
If you have questions on becoming a Nevada Medicaid PCS provider call (877) 638-3472 (select option for “Provider Enrollment”). PCS provider enrollments must be completed through Nevada Medicaid’s Fiscal Agent HPES.