Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Project
1-800-441-4667, option 8
- Project Kick Off - APRIL 2019
- Outreach & Training - JUNE & JULY
- August 12 – PILOT Agencies Soft Go-Live
- August 18 – PILOT Agencies Go-Live
- August 18 – ALL Agencies Soft Go-Live
- TBD – ALL Agencies Go-Live
EVV Information Listserv
Provider Types Affected
- PT30 & 83 : Personal Care Services
- PT48 & 58 : Attendant Care, Homemaker, Chore, Respite Services and Companion Care
Links & Resources
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Electronic Visit Verification Project
In December 2016, Congress passed H.R. 34 - 21st Century Cures Act, mandating that all States require the use of an Electronic Visit Verification system for all Medicaid funded personal care services that are provided under a State plan or a waiver of the plan, including services provided under section 1915(c), 1915(i), 1915(j), or 1915(k) or under a waiver under section 1115. States not requiring the use of an EVV system for such services by January 1, 2019 will see a reduction in the federal funding received. On July 30, 2018, an EVV delay bill was passed (H.R. 6042) to delay the EVV implementation for PCS services to January 1, 2020 without penalty.
In order to comply with this recently passed federal regulation, the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy, which operates Nevada's Medicaid program and other health benefit programs, has contracted with an EVV system to meet the federal mandate – AuthentiCare® by First Data Government Solutions, LP. The following DHCFP objectives will be addressed with the use of this new system:
- Ensure timely service delivery for recipients including real time service gap reporting and monitoring;
- Reduce administrative burdens associated with hard copy timesheet processing; and
- Generate cost savings from the prevention of fraud, waste and abuse.
NOTE: Each PCA must obtain a NPI through the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) for documentation within the EVV system. There is no cost associated with obtaining a NPI. Please note it may take up to three (3) weeks to obtain these numbers.