Welcome Nevada Medicaid Members


For more information, write to DHCFP@dhcfp.nv.gov. For more details regarding the operations of Nevada Medicaid, see the Nevada Medicaid Matters Program Overview.

Welcome to Nevada Medicaid (“Medicaid”) and Nevada Check Up (“NCU”). We want you and your family to receive the health care you need. This guide will help you understand and use your Medicaid or NCU benefits.


The benefits below and value added benefits are offered by Managed Care Organizations such as Anthem Blue Cross, Health Plan of Nevada, Molina and Silver Summit. For more information regarding benefits, contact your Managed Care Organization.

Nevada Medicaid programs are run by the State of Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP). The Division of Welfare and Supportive Services (DWSS) decides if you qualify for benefits. If anything changes in your household, such as address, income, family members, please contact your local DWSS office to report these changes. Address changes can be reported here.

Medicaid and You

Social Media

Your Medicaid Card

The first time you or your family member become eligible for Medicaid or NCU, a Medicaid/NCU card is sent to you. The card for Medicaid and NCU looks the same. Each family member will receive their own card. PLEASE DO NOT THROW THE CARD AWAY. You will only get it once. If you lose benefits and then get benefits again, you will use the same card and ID number. Keep this card in your wallet. You must show your Medicaid/NCU card to your health care providers and pharmacist prior to receiving services. You must ask if they will accept Medicaid each time you get medical treatment, services or a prescription.

NV Medicaid App

Your Medicaid/NCU card and medical information are also available electronically through the NVMedicaid mobile app. Download the app today from your app store or wherever you get your apps. With the use of the NVMedicaid app, you can receive most of your correspondence from Medicaid electronically.
For more Information, visit https://dhcfp.nv.gov/Resources/MDPResource/

Managed Care Organizations

Nevada Medicaid and NCU recipients living in urban Clark and Washoe Counties must be enrolled in a Managed Care Organization (MCO) and get services through their provider network. The State offers four (4) MCO’s to choose from. If you are a first-time Nevada Medicaid/NCU recipient, you get to choose your MCO when you first apply and if you don’t choose an MCO the household will be auto assigned. You have 90 days from the date of enrollment to change to another MCO, after the 90 days the household will be locked in until next open enrollment.

If you wish to change your MCO outside of the open enrollment period, you may contact your local Medicaid District Office to show good cause as defined by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), you may be allowed to change MCO. Managed Care Open Enrollment is the period where once a year Managed Care recipients can change their MCO. The head of household will receive a letter informing them that they have the option to change their MCO if they wish and if they do, they must submit the change request. Contact information for all Medicaid MCOs can be found here.

Fraud Prevention

Every applicant who is determined eligible for coverage will receive their own Nevada Medicaid card with their name on it. It’s against the law for anyone else to use their card to obtain services. You may lose coverage and/or be prosecuted for providing false or misleading information in order to obtain benefits you were not entitled to receive. To report a person who has applied for or received benefits that you believe they are not entitled to receive, you can remain anonymous and call:
Northern Nevada (775) 448-5211
Southern Nevada (702) 486-1875
To report fraud, waste, or abuse against a provider of medical services you can remain anonymous and report online or call:
DHCFP's Surveillance, Utilization, and Review (SUR ) Unit: (775) 687-8405

Your Rights

Your Information is Private

Your health information is personal and private. The DHCFP is required by law to protect the privacy of the information we have about you. We use your health information for treatment, to pay for treatment, to run the program and to evaluate the quality of care you receive. Federal privacy laws require that we provide you our Notice of Privacy Practices (NPP), which explains our legal duties and privacy practices when dealing with your personal health information. The NPP is provided to you when you receive your Medicaid/NCU card. You can get another copy of the NPP from our Medicaid offices or from our website here.

You Can Ask for a Fair Hearing

When Medicaid/NCU decides not to provide a service, ends your enrollment in a program, doesn’t authorize a benefit, cuts or ends a benefit, you have the right to file an appeal. This is so you can formally ask that the decision be looked at by a hearings officer.
If you are enrolled in managed care, you must go through the MCO’s appeal process first, then you may request a Hearing from Medicaid/NCU. The MCO will send you a notice of action, explaining how you contact them for your appeal. If you do not win this appeal and want to continue with a Fair Hearing from Medicaid, complete the Fair Hearing request form (https://dhcfp.nv.gov/Resources/PI/Hearings/) and send it to the DHCFP.

Tell Your Doctors What Care You Want Ahead of Time

What kind of medical care would you want if you were too sick or hurt to express your wishes? Advance directives are legal documents that tell your doctor, family and friends your wishes about your health care ahead of time. There are also documents which can be used to appoint someone to make decisions for you if you cannot do so yourself. You can say “yes” to treatment you want and “no” to treatment you don’t want. For more information, visit https://dhcfp.nv.gov/Resources/PI/AdvanceDirectives/ for information on Advance Directives, or call the Medicaid District Office nearest you.

You Have the Right to Non-Discrimination

Under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, the DHCFP does not discriminate in admissions, provision of services, hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability (including AIDS and AIDS-related conditions). For more information or to file a complaint, please contact the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) or the DHCFP Recipient Civil Rights Officer at the Central Office.

Your Responsibilities

Tell Us When Something Changes

Contact your the Division of Welfare and supportive services by email or at a DWSS office if any of these things happen:

  • Change in income
  • Status as a resident changes
  • Get other insurance coverage
  • Get additional assets
  • Get married
  • You Move
  • A family member dies
  • You get pregnant or have a baby
  • A child is emancipated (legally becomes an independent adult)
  • You become an inmate of a public institution or ward of the state

Please answer all requests for additional information right away, so that you don’t lose coverage. If you don’t follow Medicaid or NCU rules, or are not truthful on your application, you could lose your Medicaid/NCU coverage and may have to repay your medical costs.

Make Payments in Some Cases

You probably won’t have to make any payments if you follow the rules. Here are some examples of when you do have to pay:

  • Quarterly premiums if your child is on Nevada Check Up (NCU);
  • If you get care from someone who is not an approved Medicaid or NCU provider;
  • If you or a family member are not covered by Medicaid or NCU;
  • If you ask for and get services that are above the Medicaid or NCU service limits.
  • If you are a non-citizen who has Emergency Medicaid Only (EMO) coverage and any dates of services and/or procedures are deemed to not meet the EMO criteria you may be financially responsible and billed by the provider for those non-covered days/procedures.

Talk to your health care provider about any problems you have with your medical bills.

Show Up for Appointments

It is very important that you arrive at your appointment 15 minutes before the scheduled time. If you can’t keep your appointment, call the doctor’s office as soon as possible (at least 24 hours before your appointment) to cancel. Your provider has made time to treat you. Even though your provider is not allowed to bill you for missed appointments, they do not get paid by Medicaid if you don’t show up. You can get a ride to your appointments: see Transportation Services.

Provider Responsibilities

Your Medicaid or Nevada Check Up health care provider is responsible for: verifying your eligibility at the time of service; getting payment from Medicaid/NCU and/or your health insurance company; accepting the Medicaid or NCU rates for services; not billing you for services covered by Medicaid nor for any “remaining balance,” and requesting prior authorization for certain services. Providers who knowingly charge Medicaid or NCU for services that were not given, who neglect or abuse patients, and/or give poor quality care may be subject to legal action. If you think this has happened, call your local Medicaid District Office or click here.

Other Insurance

If you qualify for other health insurance, you must report this to Medicaid. Other insurance will pay first, and Medicaid will pay all or part of the rest if it is a Medicaid covered benefit. If there are any changes to any other insurance coverage you have, please report it to the local Medicaid District Office.

Medicaid Estate Recovery

After you pass away, your money and property can be used to repay Medicaid. For more information, call Medicaid Estate Recovery at (775) 687-8416 or email mer@dhcfp.nv.gov.

How to Get Health Care

  • When you schedule your appointment, make sure your health care provider accepts Medicaid or NCU.
  • If you need help getting to your appointment, call the non-emergency medical transportation company (see Transportation Services in the Benefits section). Make plans at least five days before your appointment.
  • Tell your provider if you have any other type of health care coverage.
  • Make sure the service you receive is covered by Medicaid or NCU. See the “What Is Prior Authorization?” below.
  • Show the health care provider your Medicaid/NCU Card each time you get medical treatment.

Out-of-State Medical Coverage

Medicaid/NCU will cover emergency services if you or your family are temporarily outside of the state, if the care provider agrees to participate in Medicaid/NCU and to bill us. Medicaid does not make payments directly to recipients for any services. Rules for out-of-state care may be different if your coverage is through an MCO. If you are enrolled in an MCO, contact them for procedures before getting out-of-state services. If you get emergency medical services outside of Nevada from a provider who is not enrolled in Medicaid or NCU, tell them to contact Medicaid.

What is "Prior Authorization?"

Some Medicaid/NCU services, supplies and equipment must be “prior authorized.” This means your health care provider must get approval before they provide them. Non-emergency medical transportation must also be prior authorized. If your request for medical services is denied because the service was not preauthorized, call the number on the back of your Medicaid card. If your request for transportation is denied, contact the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation broker directly at 1-844-879-7341.

Medicaid and NCU require prior authorization for certain drugs. Your physician or pharmacist can tell you if the drugs you need must be prior authorized and can submit a prior authorization for approval.

When to Use the Emergency Department

If you think that waiting for a regular doctor would result in permanent harm or death, call 911 or go to the emergency department. If you are not sure, you can call your doctor for advice. If your doctor’s office is closed, it’s okay to go to an urgent care facility. It is important to only use emergency services, like the ED and ambulance, when they are really needed. You can help keep Medicaid costs down by using the right kind of services.


Adult Day Health Care

For individuals over age 18 years old that need help with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating, grooming, mobility, toileting and transferring) and be at risk in the community that would require a nurse to supervise a person during the day.

Audiology Services

You may visit an audiologist to determine the need for hearing aids.

Birth Centers, Freestanding

Medicaid/NCU covers the delivery of babies at licensed freestanding birthing centers for low-risk pregnancies. Services include care during pregnancy, labor, delivery, post-partum, and immediate newborn care.

Birth Control & Family Planning

Talk to your doctor or clinic about family planning. You can get family planning services from any provider who accepts Medicaid and NCU. You do not need a referral. You may get some types of birth control in your doctor’s office or at participating pharmacies. For others, your doctor will write a prescription. These forms of birth control are covered by Medicaid and NCU: Birth control pills, condoms, creams, diaphragms, foams, IUDs, Shots (ex. Depo-Provera), sponges.


Chiropractic services are limited to children under the age of 21 years old.

Community Paramedicine

Community paramedicine are services provided by an EMT/paramedic in your home. This is to help prevent unnecessary ambulance rides, emergency room visits, and hospital readmissions by addressing a person’s medical needs in their home.

Dental Benefits

Adults (Medicaid only): Emergency, palliative, some prosthetic care; qualified pregnant adult benefits and some expanded benefits. Children (under 21) get full coverage, with some (limited) orthodontia. Dentists need prior approval from Medicaid for some of the benefits.

Disposable Medical Supplies, Durable Medical Equipment, Orthotics & Prosthetics

Medicaid and NCU cover many medical supplies that are ordered by your doctor for a medical reason. For example, some supplies which may be covered are:

  • Incontinent supplies (adult diapers) · Wheelchair, canes, crutches and walkers
  • Prosthetic orthotic devices · Wound care supplies
  • Oxygen and Supplies

Talk to your doctor if you need medical supplies. Your doctor may write a prescription for you to take to a medical supply company. The medical supplier must get prior approval from Medicaid and NCU for some items.

Doctor Visits/Urgent Care

Medicaid and Nevada Check Up (NCU) pay for you to see a doctor or visit an Urgent Care Clinic when you are having health problems. Medicaid and NCU also covers annual physical exams and recommended screenings such as mammograms, pap smears, colorectal cancer screenings, and many more. It is important for you to see your primary care physician whenever possible for preventive services, regular treatment, and so they have an updated medical history. Doctor visits are also covered at rural health clinics, public health clinics, federally qualified health centers, and Indian health clinics. If needed, your doctor may refer you to a specialist for further specialized treatment or to a Community Health Worker for chronic disease management and prevention education.

Emergency Department

Call 911 in an emergency or go to the emergency department right away. You will need to call your doctor when the emergency is over. Your doctor must provide any follow up care you need after the emergency. If it is not an emergency and your primary care provider is not available, go to an urgent care clinic.

Emergency Transportation

Emergency transportation by an ambulance is when a recipient experiences a sudden and severe medical condition that requires immediate transport to a hospital or other medical facility. In extreme situations, a recipient can be transported in an air ambulance which is either a helicopter or airplane to an acute care hospital.

End Stage Renal Disease

End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) treatment is a covered benefit. This includes hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and other dialysis procedures.

Eye Exams and Eyeglasses

Medicaid/NCU covers care for eye diseases, eye surgery that is medically necessary, eye exams and prescription eyeglasses. Medicaid pays for eye exams and eyeglasses only once every 12 months. Your provider will show you frames you may choose from that are covered in full. If you choose more expensive frames, you must pay the difference between what Medicaid and NCU pay and the cost of the frames you’ve chosen. Make sure you sign an agreement in advance if you are going to pay for more expensive frames.

Habitation - Day or Residential

These services are only for individuals over age 18 years old that have a Traumatic or Acquired Brain Injury. The individuals must also need help with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating, grooming, mobility, toileting and transferring) and be at risk in the community.

Healthy Kids or Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT)

Healthy Kids, also known as EPSDT, is a special benefit for children on Medicaid/NCU. Some problems start before your child looks or feels sick. Your doctor can find and treat these problems early, before they become serious, with regular “well-child” exams. Healthy Kids/EPSDT also covers dental, vision and hearing check-ups. Healthy Kids/ EPSDT services are available to most recipients from birth to under age 21 years old. These services include:

  • Well-child exams by your child’s doctor. This is a head-to-toe exam including health history, eating habits, vision and hearing exams, mental health evaluation and a growth and development check;
  • Vaccines to keep your child healthy;
  • Dental checkups, including a complete exam and cleaning twice a year, or more often if your child’s dentist recommends it;
  • Fluoride treatment and sealants;
  • Follow-up treatment and care if a health problem is found during an exam;
  • Lead testing and other laboratory tests; and
  • If needed, free transportation to any Medicaid-approved medical appointments (does not apply to NCU recipients).
  • When should your child have a well-child exam?
  • Newborns – as soon as possible after birth
  • Infants – at one, two, four, six, nine and 12, 15, 18, 24, and 30 months
  • Toddlers to young adults (3 and under 21 years old) every year

Hearing Tests and Hearing Devices

Newborn hearing tests are included in the newborn hospital stay. Childhood hearing tests are part of a Healthy Kids/EPSDT exam. Other hearing tests are covered for both children and adults if they are medically necessary.

Home Births

Medicaid/NCU covers low-risk births with a Nurse Midwife or doctor in your home.

Home Health Care

Home Health Care services are for people who need in-home services like skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy. If you need Home Health Care your doctor will submit an order to a home health agency of your choice who is enrolled with Medicaid. The home health agency will contact Medicaid or NCU for prior approval.

Hospice Care

Hospice services can give you or a family member support and comfort when someone is at the end of their life. The hospice takes care of your physical, emotional and spiritual needs in a specialized hospice facility, a nursing facility, an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) or in your home. Different kinds of specialists can help families cope with the final stages of illness, dying, and grieving of their loved ones.

Hospital Services, Long-Term, Rehabilitation

Both inpatient and outpatient hospital services are covered. If you need additional services at a long-term care facility or rehabilitation, these services may be covered as well.

Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities

Services for recipients with a diagnosis of an intellectual or developmental disability who need an institutional level of care. Daily services include nursing, dietary, activity programs, laundry, social services and day programs.

Laboratory and Radiology Services

Laboratory and radiology services are covered; they may be done in your doctor’s office, or your doctor may refer you to another clinic, laboratory, or hospital.


Maternity Care

If you think you are pregnant, see a provider as soon as possible. Early maternity care will help you give birth to a healthy baby. You may choose to see a specialist such as an Obstetrical/Gynecological (OB/GYN) Physician, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Physician’s Assistant (PA), or a Nurse Midwife (NM). Medicaid covers vaginal births and medically necessary caesarian-sections. Covered services include:

  • Prenatal visits, laboratory work, and necessary tests (such as ultrasound)
  • Labor and delivery
  • Doula services
  • Anesthesia (pain treatment)
  • The hospital stay
  • Home births
  • Freestanding birthing centers
  • Postpartum visits
  • Birth control/family planning

Maternity Care (continued)

Your baby may be covered by Medicaid for the first year of life if you qualify for Medicaid when your baby is born. Contact DWSS as soon as possible to report the birth of your baby.
For your baby to be covered for NCU services from their birth, you must notify DWSS within 14 days of the delivery. If you have temporary coverage for the newborn and they are qualified for NCU, coverage will begin the first day of the next administrative month. For example, if your baby is born on September 15, and the mother has other insurance coverage for 30 days (until October 15), the new- born would not be enrolled in NCU until November 1. Your newborn cannot receive coverage which predates another family member’s earliest current enrollment. Your child can stay covered by NCU if the parent meets the income requirement yearly, keeps premium payments current and the child meets other eligibility requirements.

Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)

Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is the use of medications, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a “whole-patient” approach to the treatment of substance use disorders within an office-based opioid treatment setting.

Mental Health/Substance Use Treatment Services

These are benefits you may receive to treat an acute (short-term) or chronic (continuing for a long time) behavioral health disorder. Some of these services include:
Inpatient services:

  • Acute hospital inpatient psychiatric services which may include inpatient alcohol/substance use detoxification services
  • Residential Treatment Center (RTC)/Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) Services
  • Residential Treatment for substance use disorders
Outpatient Mental Health and Rehabilitative Mental Health services:
  • Targeted Case Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Medication Management
  • Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing
  • Screening and Comprehensive Behavioral Health Assessment
  • Psychotherapy services
  • Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
  • Basic Skills Training (BST)
  • Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR)
  • Peer-to-Peer Support
  • Day Treatment
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Outpatient Alcohol and Substance Use Services including but not limited to:
    • Medication Assisted Treatment
    • Outpatient Substance Use Treatment services
  • Services delivered through a Certified Community Behavioral Health Center
  • Applied Behavioral Analysis for individuals under 21 with a diagnosis of Autism or Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
  • Services for Youth Eligible for Specialized Foster Care
    • Intensive In-Home Supports and Services
    • Crisis Stabilization Services



Nurse Midwife Services

You may choose to use a nurse midwife during your pregnancy as long as your pregnancy is low risk. You must choose a licensed nurse midwife who is a Medicaid or NCU provider. Nurse midwives can deliver babies in a hospital, your home, or a freestanding birthing center.

Nursing Home Services

Nursing facilities provide health care services on a 24-hour basis to people who have medical conditions, injuries, developmental disabilities or behavioral impairments. This assistance can help with medical, nursing, rehabilitative and psychosocial management services for people who cannot live on their own.
Out-of-state nursing facility services are offered when a Nevada nursing facility is unavailable or a recipient lives near a Nevada border making it more practical to receive medical service from an out-of-state provider.

Occupational Therapy

Occupational therapy helps improve your medical condition or helps you learn or relearn a task after serious illnesses, injuries or disabilities. Your doctor’s order must be submitted to an occupational therapist who accepts Medicaid or NCU.

Outpatient Surgery Centers

If you need a planned surgery, it might be eligible to be done in a hospital-based or independent surgery center.

Over-the-Counter Drugs

Certain over-the-counter drugs are covered if your doctor prescribes them. You can get over-the-counter medicines, like antacids, aspirin, acetaminophen, and medicine for coughs, colds, and allergies. Take the prescription to the pharmacy and have the pharmacist confirm Nevada Medicaid covers the drug.

Personal Care Services

The Personal Care Services program helps people with disabilities or long-lasting illnesses live independently in their home. These services are for people who do not have someone legally responsible to help them. A Personal Care Attendant (PCA) helps people with tasks like bathing, dressing and toileting, and may also help with meal preparation, shopping for essential things like food, laundry and light housekeeping. The type of service and number of hours allowed are based on medical need. A physical or occupational therapist will do an evaluation. If you think you have a medical need for personal care services, contact Medicaid at (800) 525-2395.


Pharmacist-Provided Services:

Nevada Medicaid/NCU provides coverage for family planning and HIV preventative measures when provided by a pharmacist. This includes the dispensing of birth control, as well as the prescribing, dispensing, and administration of drugs to prevent the acquisition of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Additionally, Nevada Medicaid/NCU covers the ordering and the conducting of certain HIV laboratory tests when performed by a pharmacist.

Physical Therapy

You can get physical therapy for some serious illnesses, injuries or disabilities if it will improve your medical condition. It must be ordered by your doctor, who will authorize a physical therapist who accepts Medicaid or NCU.


Medicaid/NCU covers services performed by a podiatrist to diagnose, treat, and care for injuries, disease, or other medical conditions of the foot, ankle, and structure of the leg.

Prescription Drugs

Medicaid and NCU cover many prescription drugs. Some prescriptions require prior authorization. Medicaid pays for medically necessary prescription drugs. Prescriptions for weight loss and drugs used for cosmetic and experimental reasons are not covered. If you are on Medicare and Medicaid, most of your prescriptions must be provided by Medicare. Medicaid may cover the items Medicare may not cover, including some over-the-counter (OTC) medications.

Private Duty Nursing

Private duty nursing can help you get more individual and continuous care than you would from a visiting nurse. The program helps you stay safely at home rather than in a facility like a nursing home. If you need Private Duty Nursing your doctor will submit an order to a home health agency of your choice who is enrolled with Medicaid. The home health agency will contact Medicaid or NCU for prior approval.

Registered Dietician

Do you or your child have diabetes, obesity, heart disease, or hypertension? A registered dietician can provide medical nutrition therapy services and help address these conditions.

Respiratory Therapy

Do you need help breathing? Medicaid/NCU covers respiratory therapy for an illness or injury that is impacting your breathing.

School Health Services (SHS)

SHS are medical services provided by a Local Education Agency (LEA) or State Education Agency (SEA) for children who attend public schools in Nevada. SHS are available for enrolled Medicaid and Nevada Check Up (NCU) students between 3 years of age and under the age of 21 years old, in both Fee-for-Service (FFS) and Managed Care. The services are covered under FFS and not billed to the Managed Care entity.
Nevada Medicaid may pay for some medically necessary health-related services provided by the schools when the services are written in your child’s Plan of Care (POC), Individualized Education Program (IEP), 504 Plan or for those services available under the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) benefit .
The schools are required to obtain your consent before releasing your student’s information for billing Medicaid under the SHS. This is completed with a consent form.
To receive services under SHS, there are responsibilities that parents need to follow, such as:

  • Providing the school district with accurate and current medical information, including diagnosis, attending physician, medication, etc.
  • Assuring that your child sees a doctor for their annual “well-check” check-up.
  • Providing your child’s Medicaid or NCU ID number and any other insurance information.
  • Providing the school with your decision on the consent form to bill Medicaid.
  • Understanding that consent is voluntary and can be revoked at any time.
  • Attending all POC, 504 Plan and IEP development meeting(s) to fully understand your child’s services.


Do you need specialty care from a doctor? Medicaid/NCU covers many kinds of specialists including allergist, surgeons, dermatologists, gastroenterologists, maternal fetal medicine, neurologists, ophthalmologists, urologists, and so many more.

Speech & Hearing Services

 If you have serious speech or hearing problems, see your doctor. Your doctor may refer you to a speech therapist or an audiologist. Some services covered by Medicaid or NCU are:


  • Hearing tests
  • Hearing aids
  • Hearing aid batteries
  • Speech therapy


Tobacco Cessation

Products to help you stop using tobacco are covered. You must get a prescription from your doctor and take it to a pharmacy. Prescription and over-the-counter medication like patches and lozenges are covered. Tobacco-cessation counseling is also covered.

Transportation Services (non-emergency)

Medicaid provides rides to medical appointments, called Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT).
This service is provided through a transportation broker that Medicaid contracts with. Transportation is not covered for NCU recipients or QMB/SLMB recipients. You can get rides to be treated for a Medicaid-covered service.
You should arrange for rides at least three days in advance. The broker may help you get public transportation. For urgent care trips, the transportation broker must provide you with a ride on the same day you call. If you have to cancel your doctor’s appointment, please remember to cancel your transportation. The doctor’s office will not cancel it for you.
To schedule or check the status of your transportation, please contact: 1-844-879-7341.


All medically recommended childhood and adult vaccines are covered.

Waiver Programs

If you are elderly or have a physical or intellectual/developmental disability and meet the level of care for a long-term care facility, Medicaid may be able to pay for support and services enable you to live safely in your own home or community rather than in a nursing facility or other institution. Some of the waiver services include:


  • Adult Day Care
  • Attendant Care
  • Augmented Personal Care in group homes
  • Chore
  • Emergency Response Systems
  • Homemaker Services
  • Home-delivered meals
  • Respite care for family members who need a break from caring for disabled or elderly family members

    There is a set number of people who can be on these pro- grams. For information about how to apply for one of the waiver programs, call the Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD) District Office in your area or go to adsd.nv.gov.


How to access benefits

What are my benefits?

The benefits and value added benefits are offered by Managed Care Organizations such as Anthem Blue Cross, Health Plan of Nevada, Molina and Silver Summit. For more information regarding benefits, contact your Managed Care Organization.