The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Division of Health Care Financing and Policy will manage the Electronic Health Information Advisory Group established by Assembly Bill 7 (AB 7) of the 82nd Legislative Session. The Advisory Group will advise the DHHS Director in the adoption of regulations to prescribe standards relating to electronic health records, health-related information, and health information exchanges pursuant to Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) 439.589, as amended by Section 1.08 of this bill.
The Advisory Group includes members appointed by the DHHS Director, as well as the Administrator of the Division of Public and Behavioral Health, the Administrator of the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy, the Administrator of the Division of Welfare and Supportive Services, the Commissioner of Insurance, each district health officer, the Executive Officer of the Public Employees’ Benefits Program, and the Executive Director of the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange.
- Representatives of third parties, as defined in NRS 439.589, as amended by section 1.08 of this act, that provide health coverage in this State;
- Representatives of hospitals, as defined in NRS 449.012, other medical facilities, as defined in NRS 449.0151, and facilities for the dependent, as defined in NRS 449.0045;
- Representatives of consumers of health care;
- Representatives of labor organizations;
- Professionals in the field of information privacy and security;
- Professionals in the field of health information technology and the interoperability of health information;
- Representatives of community-based organizations whose work relates to health information;
- Representatives of county and city health departments;
- Representatives of social services agencies; and
- Representatives of community-based organizations whose work relates to social services.
To apply to serve as a DHHS Director-appointed member of the Electronic Health Information Advisory Group, please complete the DHHS agency application here.