Long Term Support Services - Home Care Unit

Intermediary Services Organization

Nevada Medicaid offers two services that can be self directed by the individual through an Intermediary Service Organization (ISO):

Self Directed Personal Care Services (PCS)

  • Provides assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) to support and maintain individuals living independently in their homes. ADLs include: bathing/dressing/grooming, toileting, transferring and positioning, mobility and ambulation, and eating. IADLs include: light housekeeping, laundry, essential shopping, and meal preparation. Each individual’s need for PCS is assessed by a physical or occupational therapist. Requires prior authorization.                

Self Directed Skilled Services

  • Self directed skilled services are skilled services provided to an individual by an unlicensed personal care assistant. NRS 629.091 provides the authority for Nevada to offer the service delivery option of self directed skilled services, where a provider of healthcare can authorize an unlicensed personal care assistant to provide certain specific medical, nursing or home health care services, subject to a number of conditions. Requires a doctor’s order and prior authorization.

For a list of enrolled Nevada Medicaid ISOs contact your local Medicaid District Office.

    Request Services

     Self Directed PCS

    Recipients (for initial requests only):

    • Call Nevada Medicaid’s fiscal agent at 800-525-2395 (option 1 then option 4). 
    • TTY Callers: Dial 7-1-1 for Relay Nevada, then request to be connected to 800-525-2395 (option 1 then option 4).

    Providers (for ongoing requests):

    • Complete and fax the Authorization Request for Personal Care Services Form (FA-24) to Nevada Medicaid's fiscal agent at (855) 709-6846.

    Self Directed Skilled Services

    All skilled services that are self directed and provided by an unlicensed personal care assistant require a doctor’s order and prior authorization.

    • A completed Authorization Request for Self-Directed Skilled Services form (FA-24C) must be faxed to Nevada Medicaid's fiscal agent at (855)709-6846. 

      Provider Enrollment

      To enroll as a Nevada Medicaid ISO provider for self directed PCS and/or self directed skilled services:

      • Complete the enrollment process through Nevada Medicaid’s fiscal agent
      • Enroll as a Provider Type 83 – Personal Care Services Intermediary Services Organization

      If you have questions on becoming a Nevada Medicaid ISO provider call 877-638-3472 (select option for “Provider Enrollment”). ISO provider enrollments must be completed through Nevada Medicaid’s fiscal agent.

        Billing Information

        ISO provider billing information can be found on the Nevada Medicaid's fiscal agent Website.



          Please scroll through the Billing Manual and Billing Guides link provided for the Nevada Medicaid and Nevada Check Up Billing Manual and Billing Guides for Provider Types 30 and 83.