The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP) manages the Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC) as codified in Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) 422.151 to 422.155, inclusive.
The MCAC is an advisory committee to the state Medicaid Administrator concerning health and medical care services in the state. Per NRS 422.151(2)(a), the function of the Medical Care Advisory Group is to "advise the division regarding provision of services…and increase the participation of welfare recipients in the development of policy and the administration of programs." 42 CFR §431.12 provides the function of the MCAC similarly to the NRS language.
- A member of an organized group that provides assistance, representation or other support to recipients of Medicaid.
- Dawn Lyons, Aging and Disability Services Division, DHHS
- A person who holds a license to practice medicine in this state and is certified by the Board of Medical Examiners in a medical specialty.
- Susan C. Galvin, MD, Hope Christian Health Center
- A person who holds a license to practice dentistry in the state.
- Ryan Murphy, DDS, Mount Rose Pediatric Dentistry
- A member of a profession in the field of health care who is familiar with the needs of persons of low income, the resources required for their care and the availability of those resources.
- John Phoenix, APRN, FNP-C, HIV-PCP, Huntridge Family Clinic
- An administrator of a hospital or a clinic for health care.
- Adnan Akbar, MD, MHA, Renown Health (MCAC Chair)
- An administrator of a facility for intermediate care or a facility for skilled nursing.
- Sharon Austin-Moffett, Revive Health Senior Care
- A person who holds a certificate of registration as a pharmacist in the state.
- Kelsey Maxim, PharmD, Community Health Alliance
- A recipient of Medicaid.
- The state's Chief Medical Officer.
- Ihsan A. Azzam, PhD, MD, Division of Public and Behavioral Health, DHHS
To apply to serve as a DHHS Director-appointed member, please complete the DHHS agency application here.